Welcome to M.A.S.K

the blog keep 'us' updated on 'us' life.we may be far at sight but we are always close at heart.May Allah bless our friendship, till the end of time.

Wednesday, September 5

Pulau Pemanggil..memanggil manggil..

Hi gals. This is my first entry since our blog launched last year. I'm finally getting the hang of this whole blogging thing. Ok. As promised, the second part of the adventure trip will be covered by me. So, here goes. Reminiscing on the trip, i have come to realize the true value of friendship. It was an exhausting yet a novel experience for me going on this trip. I was looking forward to snorkelling and island hopping and so many more activities that the whole package came with.

The first day on the island, we got a little adventurous in scouting for the perfect place to swim. So, we climbed a few rocks and strolled along wooden planks to get to our so called paradise...true enough..we found it. The water is greeny blue...plenty of sand..great scenery. Getting there was a true test of my fitness and I think everyone knows how fit I am la kan. The second day was unexpected. We went to the other side of the island via speed boat to snorkel. Cher and I snorkelled toward a group of youngsters a feet away from where we were. As the bottom of the sea seemed deeper, the corals glittered...and that fascinated both of us. We were pointing at corals and multicolored small fishes..both too eager to see more...and none realizing how far we had gone off from the beach. And when we did, that was when I was overwhelmed with panic. We tried to swim back. It didn't seem like we were moving. I was desperate..swallowed too much salt water...gasping for air. I alerted Cher. Told her that it was hard for me to breathe. If we didn't have our life jackets on, I think I'd have drowned. Cher urged me to go on.. giving my leg a push. She gave me no excuse to give up...encouraging me to go on and pushing me towards the beach. I had hoped so much at that moment that this was the day I would look back upon and reminisce..and I am glad that it is. I know Allah determines our fate..but I had an angel swimming right beside me that day. When we reached the shore, we got word that we had to walk to another side of the island because the boat could not dock at the beach. So we walked up and down the hills..which seemed like mountains.. my chest felt like it could actually burst. But I amazed myself. Masih tak serik tu, we snorkelled some more.
That nite proved to be one of the most painful nites in all my life. I vomitted dinner..didn't touch the barbeque..on top of that.. my body felt like a worn out piece of junk. The whole of my body ached. My arms felt like they could have fallen off at any time. Cher was again my saviour. She kneaded my aching muscles for at least a good half hour. I fell sound asleep..feeling very refreshed and alive the next morning. The rest is history.
I had a great time. Something I will treasure and look back with a big smile. Not all trips can be a great one. What's important in any trip is the company ... the people you are surrounded by. It makes all the difference.
To you my dearest Shariffah...I am indebted to you. Thank you for saving my life.

3 comments:

Nurin Faqihah said...

am touched with the post jija...i felt u...
*KiD*

Nurin Faqihah said...

Thanks for the appreciation which should never go to me. Am thankful to ALLAH for all the blessings he has given us.

Rber u r FIT jija. Just keep up the exercise k.

Nurin Faqihah said...

Congratulations on yr FIRST blog jija! Keep on posting more & more blogs...

:Cher